Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Dawson




Newborn babies constantly remind me of the amazing creation that we are as humans, and the awe inspiring power of God. Little Dawson really put that in my mind during his session, and for the following couple of weeks. Dawson was born at only 24 weeks gestation, weighing 1 pound, 11 ounces. His parents didn't even have the chance to hold him until he was 35 days old and finally took him home four surgeries and four months later. He is now five months old, and for his 'newborn' session two weeks ago, I am guessing he weighed just over six pounds.

He was just amazing to me. Here we are in one of the most blessed nations in the world, complaining about petty things, aches and pains, while a newborn baby is fighting for life every single day, as his parents watch with their hearts basically bleeding. I am so grateful that we have doctors that can help a baby born so early, and a God who understands our pain and struggles.

For those of you who do not know, we are expecting our second child in February, and I have been pretty sick with this one. I may have even complained a couple of times :) After meeting Dawson and his amazing family, I am overwhelmed by this amazing blessing of another child, and cherish every moment this baby is safe and growing inside me, even when I feel like throwing up... again.

Congratulations Sarah and Ryan. Welcome home Dawson!

No comments: