Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Whale of a Tail





This morning whild Brent was busy at his conference, I walked to the San Diego Bay for an amazing experience. I joined a whale watching tour out into the Pacific to see Gray Whales migrating south to Baja California. The weather was beautiful, and the water was very very calm. Not one person on the boat was seasick. I had the chance to see dolphins, a little sting ray, bait fish, brown pelicans, commerants, sea lions and gray whales! It was fantastic and at the end of our time on the ocean, we actually saw two whales travelling together. The center image with a tail and a spout was one of my favorite moments. Gray whales are smaller than humpback whales, they only get to around 50 feet long, but the experience was so so cool.

1 comment:

The MessyBlessyMomma said...

LOVE IT. The girls and I love Whales!!!!